Healthy Snack Ideas
• Fresh fruit with fat-free or low-fat curd.
• Whole-grain bread sandwich with vegetables
• Vegetable “matchsticks” (thin sticks made from fresh carrots, cucumber, or bell peppers)
• Veg stuffed paratha (stuffing options : cabbage, carrot, spinch/methi/radish , boiled pulces, sprouts)
• Veg Frankie
• Baked (not fried) tortilla chips and salsa
• Idli /dosa – chatney
• Bateka pauva
• Pan cakes
Keep fresh fruit in a place that’s easy to reach in the refrigerator or on the table. This will make it easier for kids to grab a healthy snack.
Snack healthy on the go.
• Take unsalted nuts and unsweetened dried fruits, Sing – chana, fresh vegetables, or fresh fruit in small reusable containers or baggies.
• Pack low-fat string cheese sticks, tikkies , chikki, laddus or dry puries.
Set the rules.
• Teach your kids to ask before they help themselves to snacks.
• Eat snacks at the table or in the kitchen, not in front of the TV.
• Serve snacks like chevdas or popcorn in a bowl. Don’t let kids snack directly out of the bag or box.
• Drink water, milk ,butter milk, lassi, fresh lemon juice, coconut water or 100% fruit juice instead of soda or fruit-flavored drinks.