1. Water Helps to Maximize Physical Performance
Losing as little as 2% of your body's water content can significantly impair physical performance.
2. Hydration Has a Major Effect on Energy Levels and Brain Function
Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.
3. Drinking Water May Help to Prevent and Treat Headaches
Drinking water can sometimes help relieve headache symptoms, especially in people who are dehydrated.However, this appears to depend on the type of headache.
4. Drinking More Water May Help Relieve Constipation
Constipation is a common problem, characterized by infrequent bowel movements and difficulty passing stool.
Increasing fluid intake is often recommended as a part of the treatment protocol, and there is some evidence to back this up.
5. Drinking Water May Help Treat Kidney Stones
Increased water intake appears to decrease the risk of kidney stone formation. More research is needed in this area.
6. Water Helps Prevent Hangovers
Hangovers are partly caused by dehydration, and drinking water can help reduce some of the main symptoms of hangovers.
7. Drinking More Water Can Help With Weight Loss
This is due to the fact that water can increase satiety and boost your metabolic rate.
8.Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good.
Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss.